Saturday 1 May 2010

Wanna know what Sydney is like? Go to London.

Guhday mayte! Currently down under! It took a bloody long time to get here, 21 hours of flying and a 2 hour stopover, yipee! On the flight from HK I tried to help a little asian lady put her suitcase in the overhead bit but it was too heavy and I droped it on her head :( I watched the notebook on the plane for the first time and didn't like it AND I didn't cry. Emotional robot. Haha. Quarantine here is mental, they proper scan all your bags and you cant bring anything in to the country at all! It took me quite a while to get out the airport, some film crew were filming and it said if you didn't want to be on TV to inform them SO i'm gunna be on TV somewhere in the world! Maybe...After that hubbabaloo luckily I found the train quickly and there was absoultely nobody at the station so I took a photo because it was so so weird. I couldn't find my hostel for a long time and wondered around for about an hour in the dark...everyone I asked kept giving me different directions too! I got here eventually though and the place is cool. So many english here...it kinda sucks. I went on a massive tour on my first day with the hostel and saw everything I need to see. To be honest I felt as though I was in London, it's EXACTLY the same place. They have an Oxford Street, a Hyde Park, a big bloody river flowing right through it...and it was raining so as I said London all over. The tour was good fun, the tour guide was a joker and is a little bit famous for initiating the golden wang rub on the bull infront of the hospital...There's a facebook group called Midas Touch, look it up because I can't be arsed to explain. Anyway the tour took up all of the day so in the evening me and Nikki went to the supermarket, if I want to eat I'm going to have to buy food and prepare it which is LONG. Literally everything is so expensive, especially compared to Asia, FML. The bar here is awesome, nightlife in general gets a thumbs up. I can definitely see why youngsters would move here; there is zero culture shock and nicer weather. Um still a bit jet lagged I think, on Friday night I was mega tired so went to bed at like 11 but I woke up at 2.30 and then didn't get back to sleep till gone 7 :( I was up again at 9.30 to meet Nikki by 11. We went shopping but everything is so expensive, I got some stuff coz NZ is gunna be coooooooold but I restrained myself and didnt spend too wildly. Um so last night we all walked to the main stadium in Sydney and watched Aussie rules football :/ Urm, its like a cross between rugby and football and goes on for THREE hours. Atmosphere was good but the game itself is too confusing. Just at the airport now waiting to catch my flight into Christchurch. I've had like 10 hours sleep the last 5 days or something stupd. I feel dead on my feet. Anywwaaay think it's nearly time to go to my gate so peace out for now xx

No comments: