Tuesday 16 February 2010

Nuh nuh nuhhhh :)

Howdy partnerrrrrrrrr. Not sure where I got to with my last entry...a cloud of bad luck has been delicately tottering over mine and Camille's heads. Let's see, so firstly the charger to her laptop breaks-which I was probably partially responsible for when I accidently yanked it out of the wall to fall smashing to the ground...my bad. Then yesterday Camille convinces me that "Kayaking is so much fun, it's easy!" sooo off we go to the beach (which is lovely just fyi, water is super clear) and we pay for 2 hours of it. I'm in the boat roughly, ooo let's see 5 seconds before a massive wave comes crashing into me, out I plop and BANG, wallop to the back of the head. LOVELY. Camille, the pro at kayaking is oblivious and half way to China by this point so I just get out and sulk about being useless and decide that relaxing on a deck chair on the beach would cure some of my melancholy. It's working for the first minute-before I decide to get my ipod out. Oh QUELLE SURPRISE, nothing. Ipod has broken, probably the worst thing that could happen to me, not my Ipod NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I can't believe it, my Ipod has literally saved my life on quite a few occasions! I sit, for two hours, alone, waiting for Camille to come back into shore. When she eventually finishes she has a big cut on her neck. Some clever speed boat driver, with a parasurfer attatched to his boat had cruised straight towards Camille and the rope caught her on the neck. We walk back to the hotel and mope about before going out for dinner. Was a very popular place, and after ordering we're left for about an hour with no food- one of the waitresses comes over and asks if we've had our food and then is like "Sorry, we forgot about you" Way to make us feel really insignificant lady! Anyway the food comes and then time to pay the bill, I slap down a 200.000 and then she swiftly returns. "This isn't real" Great, some dodgy guys who tried to get away with not giving me enough change at the stop over on the bus journey gave it to me, when I realised they hadn't given me enough change in the first place... A-HOLES. Apart from all of that though...Vietnam is great! Haha, the beach really is special and we spent the chinese new year on it with around what felt like 10000000000 vietmanese. Lucky they are so short because even though we were way back we could see everything, although...fireworks shooting up into the air probably eradicates that problem anyway. Literally these fireworks lasted for about 30 minutes, pretty crazy stuff. Asians are so exciteable! I've just booked my flight for Malaysia for the 6th March...I've decided to ditch Laos from my plans and so this is when I'll be back to lone travelling...yay for me. Looking forward to getting lost, being over charged and paying for double rooms all on my own...NOT. Ah, I feel much better after this cathartic entry. I'm not sure when I'll get to a computer for long enough to write another entry and by the way if you managed to read all this ramble congratulations. Peace out for now, massive love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: