Friday 12 February 2010

Mui Ne

What a lovely change of pace Mui Ne is proving to be. The bus journey from HCMC was pretty fun, the australian boys infront of us fell asleep on top of each other, Ross and Joeyesque it was hilarious. I took pictures, because i'm weird. Also the strange squealing noises turned out to be a dog-unimpressed. I used to love dogs but after Dina's dogs attacking me and the dog that sounded like a dinosaur giving birth to a chimpanze kept me awake for hours in Phnoem Phen their cutsieness is steadily declining. Rant over. Mui Ne appears to basically consist of a 6km strip along the beach. It's mega chilled out loads of old people and more disturbingly couples (urgh) but there is a small minority of younglings. Anyway because of this demographic there's a fair few resorty places so trying to find a cheap place to crash was pretty difficult in the 1pm sunshine with a 10kg backpack on. Eventually we settled for Chez Dieu it's $20 a night per bungalow so reasonable enough! Prices here are hiked up because its kinda geared towards tourists, meh. They have kite surfing here and at around 4pm on the beach the sky is just full of people trying their hand at it, very pretty. I might give it a go, it looks fun but i would be useless. Yesterday me and Cam went for massages...Haaaaa deary me. I had to get butt naked which was odd but hey ho-when in rome and all that. I had a salt scrub and now my skins all smooth, except for the thousands of bites scattered from my head to feet :( itchy as you like. UMMMMMMMM, last night we went to a rather swanky bar and i made friends with the owner who was from Warwickshire and she gave me a cocktail on the house which was lovely. Watermelon martini...finally found a drink i like! After two i was basically drunk and we called it a night. We leave this place at 1pm tomo which is new years eve here for the more party party beach place. Can't believe in 7 weeks today i'll be leaving for OZ, time fliesssssssssssssssssssss. Zoom Zoom. Wah this was long, oh wow i found out i sleep talk. Keep talking about people dying apparantly, how delightful for those in earshot! Ok i'll shut up now BYE READERS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: