Sunday 7 March 2010

Number 155 of things learnt on my travels: Bring Umbrella to KL

Sweet past few days! Hanoi was, as expected, amazing. Thursday night was a highlight...Realising it was our last night Camille and I went on a fat search for a party/nightclub. We found about 4 incredibly swish, cooly decorated nightclubs with pretty good music the only problem was that each only had about 5 asian men in the middle of the dancefloor awkwardly shuffling their feet...not really the vibe we were after. So just as were giving up and making our way back to the hotel, two guys ask us if we wanted to come hunt down 'The hair of the dog', we accepted and ended up ducking our way under a garage door to get into a tiny little bar packed with travellers. It ended up being a really fun night and Ronan the South African guy we met came to meet us for lunch the next day...Number 156 of things learnt on my travels: South Africans are the bomb. Friday night we went to an all you can eat ice cream buffet-one of the funniest things ever. Asians can pack it in!! They get mega aggressive too, little kids on sugar highs running around and asian women elbowing you in the ribs to get to the ice cream! The place turned into a freeking zoo! 5am start...off to the airport and I'm alone again. The flight was okay but getting from the airport to my hostel...pretty long. It took me a while to work it all out. I ended up taking two buses, then buying a 7pound train ticket i didn't need and eventually got on KL's equivilant to the tube and managed the walk to my hostel. I dumped my stuff in my room (which is pretty nice) and then went into the lobby and made a couple of mates and went for some food and meandered our way around ChinaTown. The American guy Rick has been travelling for 5 years and is mega sound. It looks pretty likely at the moment that I'll be going with him to the Perenthian Islands on Tuesday :) Today I woke up and went with my room mate to the Batu Caves along with her Aussie mate who she met in Vietnam but who is studying here...if you're following! Helen my room mate...bit much after a while. She talks so much, it's like her mouth has a solar powered motor. Lisa her friend was lots more laid back and said a lot less but said a lot more of worth and I did have a wicked day. We checked out the Central Market, went to an art fair, walked through Little India and went to KL Tower...4th highest in the world if you didn't know! Got there in the middle of these crazy arse thunder storms KL has every night and we couldn't go to the top :( Gutted because the towers are shut on Monday's which I just found out so I won't get up that or the Petronas before I leave Tuesday :( Sooo, I rounded off the evening by going to this super atmospheric Reggae place for a bite to eat and I'm feeling totally content and excited about what's to come! These entries are so sparse in details and lacking in photos but I'm having a trauma with these freeking memory cards! I am working on this however! Big love to everyone, hope my postcards are getting to you all! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: